What is editing?
Editing is the preparing of any text for distribution or publication by:
- Checking grammar, spelling, punctuation, usage and idiom;
- Checking for consistency within a document; and
- Clarifying meaning and polishing the language.
Good question! Here are three good answers.
- Because edited text is more likely to achieve its purpose.
- For the security of knowing your text is error-free.
- To give you the competitive edge!
What gets edited?
Any text will benefit from a professional editora��s attention.
- Business documents a�� Reports a�� Advertising copy a�� Labels a�� Websites a�� Magazines a�� Newsletters a�� Presentations
- Speeches a�� Podcasts
- Textbooks a�� Academic texts a�� Manuals a�� Video scripts
- Fiction a�� Personal manuscripts a�� Memoirs
Sample Wordsmith edits
Open this pdf file to see how the Wordsmith can polish and tune your communications.
Find out more
Who uses the Wordsmith?
Click through here for a market segment view.
Terms and conditions
Read the not-so-small print here.
Definitions and other resources
Dona��t settle for being in the dark a�� let this page throw a little light on editing for you.