What is editing?
Editing is the preparing of any text for distribution or publication by:
- Checking grammar, spelling, punctuation, usage and idiom;
- Checking for consistency within a document; and
- Clarifying meaning and polishing the language.
Good question! Here are three good answers.
- Because edited text is more likely to achieve its purpose.
- For the security of knowing your text is error-free.
- To give you the competitive edge!
What gets edited?
Any text will benefit from a professional editorai??i??s attention.
- Business documents ai??i?? Reports ai??i?? Advertising copy ai??i?? Labels ai??i?? Websites ai??i?? Magazines ai??i?? Newsletters ai??i?? Presentations
- Speeches ai??i?? Podcasts
- Textbooks ai??i?? Academic texts ai??i?? Manuals ai??i?? Video scripts
- Fiction ai??i?? Personal manuscripts ai??i?? Memoirs
Sample Wordsmith edits
Open this pdf file to see how the Wordsmith can polish and tune your communications.
Find out more
Who uses the Wordsmith?
Click through here for a market segment view.
Terms and conditions
Read the not-so-small print here.
Definitions and other resources
Donai??i??t settle for being in the dark ai??i?? let this page throw a little light on editing for you.